Quilting...or should I say trying to... | A Right Brain Wannabe: Quilting...or should I say trying to...

Feb 8, 2014

Quilting...or should I say trying to...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

This thing they call quilting...it's not easy!!

I came up with the idea to make my nephew a quilt after I found that my sewing projects were being completed in one day. I was wishing I had a large project to work on. Something that would keep me from going to Joann's everyday (ha! Ya right). 

After tons of research I chose to do a rag quilt...shaped like a Dino. I mean what 2 year old boy doesn't want a Dino quilt right??


I chose my fabric and got to cutting! (that's supposed to be blue but no matter the light it looks grey)


Once I got all the pieces cut out I was so excited to actually start sewing!  Little did I know I'd have to use my handy seem ripper so much. So much so that I have almost given up. 

This is what is happening to the under side (I sewed in a towel to try and show you better)


I keep getting all these loops!  I spent about 1.5hrs yesterday doing research and trying everything that was suggested. Top thread tension, bobbin tension, dirty bobbin holder, re-thread the machine, new needle, etc. Nothing has worked. 

Finally I decided that I was going to try regular Cotten thread instead of the suggested embroidery thread. I went to Joann's this afternoon to get some (along with the goodies to start on the February challenge) and hope to try this tonight. 

If this doesn't work I'm not sure what else to do. Have you ever had this problem? How do I stick to it without giving up...believe me...I'm close. 

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the grey is just Dino Blue :P gives it a nice real Dino color :)

    ReplyDelete