Mexican + Super Bowl | A Right Brain Wannabe: Mexican + Super Bowl

Feb 3, 2014

Mexican + Super Bowl

Hey! How was your weekend?  Mine went by WAY to fast as usual.

My old roommate came back in town for the weekend so Saturday night we tried a new dinner spot called The Fold.  She was in the mood for Mexican and this place hit that spot!  We ordered a Blood Orange margarita (or 3) and tried out their 3 Taco plate.  I went with one shrimp, one fish, and one pork.  All were delish but my favorite was by far the pork one.  It reminded me of my Carnita tacos that my boyf just absolutely LOVES!  I'd say mine were better because avocado is involved, and when avocado is involved how is it not the best thing you've ever put in your mouth?!  I'll have to make them soon so that I can share the recipe!

Of course we stayed out late so the next day was spent sleeping and resting up for the Super Bowl fun Sunday evening.  We headed to a friends house and I cooked 4 different things!!  I absolutely LOVE making party foods so any reason to do so puts me in an amazing mood.  The boyf played video games so any reason he gets to do that puts HIM in a good mood...so all was well with the world.

When party food is needed I always head over to one of my most favorite recipe blogs to see what she has and of course I found 2 amazing recipes.  I found another on Pinterest and the last one is a staple that is courtesy of one of my friends.

Before I call it a day, I'll share with you the 4 lucky recipes I chose and were a hit at the party:

It was amazing.  Only problem is I have so much left over!!

What an amazing little finger food.  They were a huge hit and we were afraid of getting full just on these!  Only issue I had was the the recommended 1tbs of batter per muffin was a little much.  You couldn't see the little hot dogs in the middle so they just looked like Cornbread muffins.

What a great idea.  However, mine didn't cook all the way through.  It was really good along the outside edges but the middle was still extremely raw.  I have made a version of this before but it TOOK FOR EVER to prep.  You actually roll up a cube of mozzarella and a pepperoni into each piece of bread.  It turned out amazing but I just didn't have the time yesterday to do that.  I think if I ever do this again I will just take the time...it was worth the end product.

4.  Corn Dip


This is always the star of every show.  It never makes it home.  This is a recipe that one of my friends gave to me and it is the one and only thing the boyf takes to potlucks.  It's amazing and easy enough for him to do.

1 can corn
1 can mexi corn
1 small can green chilies
1 can rotel
1 package cream chese
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1tsp garlic powder

Just combine it all and heat in the microwave until cream cheese is melted.

Serve with favorite dip chip

0 comments:

Post a Comment