Fabric Bookmark | A Right Brain Wannabe: Fabric Bookmark

Mar 4, 2014

Fabric Bookmark

Morning!!
Hope everyone stayed warm last night...looks like we are actually going to get above freezing today which is wonderful.  I'm starting to get cabin fever.
I also have to get to the UofA tomorrow for some work events and the warmer it gets the safer the drive will be.

Since we couldn't get to our regularly scheduled events yesterday I decided to whip up a quick bookmark last night and use up some scraps.

This was the first time I 'winged' something and you can definitely tell.  I had to use the seam ripper so the photos of my fabric show a little wear and tear.

I think it also shows that we all make mistakes and can learn from them!

I started with two different fabrics and some interfacing.  I made a triangle out a piece of paper and cut it out of all of my fabric choices. 2 of each.


I ironed on the interfacing to the fabric I wanted on the inside of the bookmark. I figured giving it a little more support wouldn't hurt!


Enter my fabric that I had to remove the seams because my first attempt was a fail.
Take your two opposite fabrics, put them wrong sides together, and sew just the bottom of the triangle.


 Turn it right sides together and top stitch on the bottom of the triangle again.  Do this to both sets of fabric.


 Line up your triangles, with the fabric you want on the the outside of the bookmark facing each other.  Sew along the two top sides of the triangle.  Flip the triangles inside out and top stitch again on the two top sides of the triangle.


Ladies and Gents...you have yourself a corner bookmark!


I could have measured the triangle to fit a little more snug, and the bottom corners didn't turn out 100% perfect.


But...I feel this was a great project for my first time 'winging it'.
I'm super proud of myself!

2 comments: